By Jørgen Christensen-Ernst
Read Online or Download Antioch on the Orontes: A History and a Guide PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
C’est dans los angeles nuit du 23 au 24 avril 1915, à Constantinople, qu’eut lieu l. a. première rafle d’Arméniens, annonçant los angeles longue série de déportations, tueries et massacres qui vont durer plus de trois ans. 1 500 000 personnes y perdent l. a. vie, soit deux ranges des Arméniens de l’Empire ottoman. Les autres fuient l. a. fureur des soldats, constituant une diaspora importante en Europe, au Proche-Orient et en Amérique.
Binational towns play a pivotal function in events of long term clash, and few locations were extra marked by way of the strain among intimate proximity and visceral hostility than Jaffa, one of many "mixed cities" of Israel/Palestine. during this nuanced ethnographic and historic examine, Daniel Monterescu argues that such areas problem our assumptions approximately towns and nationalism, calling into query the Israeli state’s coverage of keeping homogeneous, segregated, and ethnically good areas.
Resting at the multifaceted and multicultural voices of girls – secular and spiritual, old-timers and rookies, on the heart or at the outer edge in their groups – it brings into sharper concentration hardly raised concerns regarding gender borders and to the personal and public spheres. past the explicit society they deal with, those essays give a contribution to our knowing of the social mechanisms that (re)produce gender inequality in modernity, in its socialist, capitalist, or postindustrial models.
Spanning numerous a long time, Ella Shohat’s paintings has brought conceptual frameworks that essentially challenged traditional understandings of Palestine, Zionism and the center East, targeting the pivotal determine of the Arab-Jew. This ebook gathers jointly her so much influential political essays, interviews, speeches, stories and memoirs.
- A Revolution Undone: Egypt's Road Beyond Revolt
- Arab-Iranian Relations
- The Kin Who Count: Family and Society in Ottoman Aleppo, 1770-1840
- The Middle East and North Africa: World Boundaries Volume 2: Volume 5 (World Boundaries Series)
- Words and Stones: The Politics of Language and Identity in Israel (Oxford Studies in Anthropological Linguistics)
Extra resources for Antioch on the Orontes: A History and a Guide
Antioch on the Orontes: A History and a Guide by Jørgen Christensen-Ernst
- Download e-book for kindle: The Strange Death of Soviet Communism: A Postscript (The by Nikolas K. Gvosdev
- Download e-book for iPad: Das österreichische Parteiensystem (German Edition) by Verena Heitzinger